Saturday, February 12, 2011

Drakes Casting Call - The Teen Titans



In my last post I discussed the casting of the movie "The Teen Titans." There have been many versions of this fabled team. The casting I am going to do is going to be a casting of the main original team. They will encompass the late teens early twenties. Below I have their names as well as their names when they were the younger teen titans for those who may not know.

Nightwing(Robin)
Red Arrow(Speedy)
Raven
Starfire
Cyborg
Changeling (Beast Boy)
Troia (Wonder Girl)
The Flash (Kid Flash)
Tempest (Aqualad)

For the villain I chose to select a character whom originated from the Teen Titans series and has build into one of the more renowned villains in the DC Universe. That of Deathstroke.

If you do not know any of these characters then feel free to do some research. There is plenty out there.

Let’s get to the casting, shall we?




Nightwing(Robin) -Ian Somerhalder
 
 


Red Arrow(Speedy) -Chad Micheal Murray
 
 

Raven -Natalie Portman
 
 

Starfire -Megan Fox
 
 

Cyborg -Taye Diggs
 
 

Changeling (Beast Boy) -Shia Labeouf
 
 

Troia (Wonder Girl) -Anne Hathaway
 
 

Flash (Kid Flash) -Dustin Milligan
 
 

Tempest (Aqualad) -Adam Gregory
 

And Finally


Deathstroke -Adam Baldwin


 


The goal was simple, find actors that could play the part and looked the part, yet weren't on the "A" list of actors that everyone knows all the time. And they had to be younger. It should be pointed out that were I to cast a Justice League Movie. (which I will be doing this week) I do not believe I would cast the same Flash. Mostly due to the difference it time age and character role.

This is entirely against my love for continuity. But in that same note I doubt I would recast Christian Bale in a Batman role for the Justice League, even though I was a large supporter for him as Batman. So I hope you enjoy this casting call. They are Opinions and no ones opinions are exactly the same. I am free to people suggestion alternate castings and hell you may even change my mind. Thanks for reading and until next time. Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Dude... dude... Some of those castings I am totally behind, but the addition of Shia LaBeuf invalidates any geek cred claim you may have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are grownups playing the roles? the show is called TEEN titans!!!!! aren't there any young actors that can play the roles?

    ReplyDelete